Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Girls' closet customed!





I have wanted to "do" the girls' closet since the day we moved in. I think I have a pet peeve of wasted space, and this closet fit that to a T. 

After my dad helped me with the master closet during Thanksgiving break, I was confident I could do this. 

I sketched a layout on easyclosets.com and then fine tuned it from there. (By the way, easy closets would have cost me $375) for the same layout. 

 And, I am happy to report, I did it ALL. By. Myself! (Minus two cuts Dan made with the circular saw, since I was scared...but I got brave and did the rest of the cuts myself.) So invigorating! BRING on the projects! :)

Anyway....


This is what I started with:

B.O.R.I.N.G.

It took about 5-6 hours and cost me only about $50, since we had some leftover wood from the master closet. I reused the bar, the wood cleat, and the shelf from the original closet. I just chopped them up, and put them in different places.





Here is the closet finished. I have some major touch up work to do inside (as I had a few "learning experiences") but I LOVE how it turned out!




And here it is with all the "stuff" put back in. SEE all that EMPTY space?! YaY!











5 comments:

  1. TIA!!!
    YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!
    seriously. Way. to. freaking. go.

    I'm proud to know you/be related/have seen you do awkward things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! I goota admit I haven't tried much stuff with wood, because I am afraid of the cutting and such, so Awesome Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing!!! This is what I totally need to do in the boys' closets! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing! You have the best do it yourself attitude and your projects always turn out so great. I can't believe you did that closet by yourself. What an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job. I wish I could be good at something! Can't wait to see what other projects you come up with:)

    ReplyDelete